This is a VFX shot and edit sequence created for a short video in late March 2019. We couldn’t find the ideal location (an open field surrounding a lone tree) for this shot, and I needed too many specifics to match any stock footage. Short on time, I turned to Blender for the solution. All things considered, I’m pretty pleased with the shot. The entire composite took about 8 hours to design and create, plus and overnight render.

The project was filmed in less than 4 hours on an overcast morning. I tried to get as little of the sky as I possibly could, as I knew I’d be grading day-for-night. Below is the final result: